Think letters to Santa are written only by kids? Think again. We found this letter floating across a local parking lot and thought it best to share, just in case there’s a Santa out there!
As CEO of a nonprofit I don’t ask for much. Some say I’m foolish, a bit out of touch. But I’ve been very good, and know I could be better, if only you’d help and answer this letter. Our nonprofit is strong, but we can’t do it ourselves, we need you Santa and your wonderful elves. I sat up last night after our last board meeting, creating this list instead of our holiday greeting.
- Santa, I need a new board, one with fundraising experience: I need to raise money not deal with a hinderance.
- Give me a package with a big red bow, full of resignation letters from board members who just have to go. They are wonderful people, but they don’t give or get – they drag down our nonprofit and our goals stay unmet.
- I don’t mean to be thoughtless, cruel or unkind, but if this situation continues I’ll just loose my mind. See, I need a lead gift that’s 20% of our goal, I’ll take thirty, forty or fifty, just please, no more coal.
- There’s been no raises for more than five years, I keep asking but get “no” from my wise budgeteer. Its our lowest paid workers who make my heart throb, they work here Santa, then they work extra jobs.
- Santa, grant me a business plan, a fundraising plan too and we will sustain and grow in all that we do.
- Please leave under the tree a windfall gift, life will get easier, no more heavy lift. We’ll have an endowment, a reserve fund too, and experience financial health like the big nonprofits do.
- Here’s another gift request, that will help us be our best, a world class fundraiser who can build our fundraising shop, and keep us in motion instead of our constant start and stop.
- If our biggest employer gets behind us they’ll be our magic wand, changing us from ugly duckling into a swan. With miracle worker who believes in our cause, we’ll be sustainable, not dependent on foundations, and you Mr. Claus.
- Everyone asks us for data – even I ask myself – but our data management system is far from top shelf. With a new cloud-based system we’ll have reports galore, for funders, and donors, and Donner and Blixen.
- If nothing else dear Santa, please ask your elves to keep us compassionate, let us be our better selves.